The Loan Officer can order an appraisal directly within Loan Center (oPOS).
Table of Contents
- Order Appraisal – Overview
- Ordering an Appraisal
- Edit, Cancel, or Hold an Appraisal Order
Order Appraisal – Overview
The “Order New Appraisal” window allows the user to order an appraisal on the subject property directly through oPOS.
To access the “Order New Appraisal” window:
- Click on the Menu button located on the left portion of the black contextual bar
- Select Appraisal
- Click the blue Order New Appraisal button
The “Order New Appraisal” window contains the following required fields:
- Seller Name
- Seller Type
- Payment Method
- Preferred Date
The Order Appraisal button remains disabled until the user enters the required information
Ordering an Appraisal
The “Order New Appraisal” window asks the user to provide information about the appraisal and how it will be paid for. The window contains the following sections:
- Appraisal Property and Products
- Enter Payment Information
- Who Should the Appraiser Contact
Appraisal Property and Products
This section collects the following information about the seller and the appraisal product:
- FHA Case Number - Federal Housing Administration Case Number (if applicable)
- Seller Name* - seller of the subject property
- Seller Type* - seller categorization (individual, company, Trust, etc.)
- Appraisal Products - appraisal type and cost
Enter Payment Information
This section collects the following information about how the payor will pay for the appraisal fee:
- Paid By – the party that will pay the appraisal fee
- Payment Method* – the method by which the payor will pay the appraisal fee
- Payment Method Info – account/card type and number
- Billing Address
Who Should the Appraiser Contact – Added in 6.0.1000
This section asks the user to provide contact information for the person(s) that the appraiser can reach out to in order to set up the appraisal. The section contains the following fields:
- Preferred Contact - party that should be contacted by the appraiser
- First Name - first name of the preferred contact
- Last Name - last name of the preferred contact
- Email - email address of the preferred contact
- Preferred Phone - preferred phone number of the preferred contact
Click Add Additional Contacts to add multiple contacts. The user can add up to 7 contacts.
Once the user has completed the required fields, clicking Order Appraisal displays a message confirming that the appraisal has been ordered successfully.
Edit, Cancel, or Hold an Appraisal Order
After the user orders an appraisal, the Send Updates button will appear in the place of the previous Order Appraisal button. Clicking this button allows the user to update, cancel, or hold their order.
The Send Updates button allows the user to edit any of the information that they provided at the time of the initial order. Clicking Send Updates again saves and updates the information.
The Cancel Order button allows the user to cancel an existing appraisal order. They will be prompted to review the order information before cancelling. Clicking Cancel Order again displays a window that asks the user to confirm the cancellation. Click Yes to confirm.
The Hold Order button allows the user to place a hold on an existing appraisal order. They will be prompted to review the order information before placing a hold. Clicking Hold Order will save and confirm the hold.
An oPOS user can quickly order an appraisal using the Order Appraisal button. Once an appraisal has been ordered, they can use this button to edit, cancel, or hold an order.