After disclosures have been requested and delivered to the borrower, changes to the loan can no longer be made in TPO, and all subsequent changes must be made by the lender in their own LOS. However, you can indirectly make modifications to the loan by submitting a change request to the lender. This article provides instructions for making a change request in TPO.
|The change request functionality described in this article must be enabled in Vendor Manager before it can be utilized. Refer to this article for instructions.|
Table of Contents
The change request feature allows users to select from a number of pre-determined or customized change types, each of which is associated with a particular set of fields. By selecting individual change types, users can view and edit the corresponding fields to submit them to the lender as requested changes to the loan application.
Note: the available change request types can be configured by a system administrator
You can include up to 15 different change types in a single change request. If you want to make more than 15 changes, you will need to submit an initial request and wait for a response from the lender on each submitted change before you can submit another change request.
Submit a Change Request
1. Select Request Changes from the disclosure status message bar after initial disclosures are requested. You can also Request Changes from the "Loan Details" page.
2. Select New Change Request
3. Select the desired change types that you want to submit to the lender (you can select up to 15 per change request). For each of the selected changes, a card will appear below containing the fields associated with the change type.
4. Enter the date you were notified of these changes
5. Update the fields in each of the selected cards with the new information
6. Upload any supporting documentation for the change. A red asterisk (*) indicates that supporting documentation is required. You can select a file from your computer with the icon or choose a document from the DocVault with the icon.
When the document(s) have been uploaded successfully, a confirmation window will appear. If any of the uploaded documents have already been exported to the LOS, it will appear as Submitted and will not be resent.
7. You can also leave a comment for the underwriter to explain the need for the change (max 255 characters)
8. Submit the request
When the request is submitted successfully, a confirmation message will appear
Track Submitted Change Requests
The Submitted Changes section allows you to review and track the status of your requested changes as they are decisioned by the lender.
This section contains a list of the requested change types, the current status and response date for each request, and the most recent comment for the corresponding change.
Select View Request Details to expand the request and view the edited fields, uploaded documents, and complete comment log for each requested change.
After the lender makes a determination on a change type in their LOS, the change status will update to display 'Approved' or 'Rejected' in the change request table. This table also includes the response date as well as any comments left by the lender.
Note: the lender must approve or reject each of the submitted changes before another change request can be submitted. The New Change Request button will remain disabled while there are pending changes.