The DocVault serves as an archive of any external documentation that has been provided by the borrower to support their loan application, such as bank statements, W-2s, or tax returns. From here, users can upload or import additional documents and review or download uploaded documents.
Table of Contents
The DocVault is located in the loan menu
The DocVault contains all documents associated with the loan, including:
- Documents uploaded by the TPO user
- Documents uploaded by the borrower on the consumer site
- Documents generated by the system
- Documents received from external vendors
All documents added to the DocVault are automatically exported to the lender’s LOS at pre-determined points in the loan process. The table below contains a list of each of the actions that trigger a document export and the corresponding documents that are exported at these trigger points.
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Wet Signature Documents|
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Pre-Disclosure Documents|
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Signed Pre-Disclosures|
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Signed Broker Disclosures|
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Accepted Docs for Needs List Items|
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Uploaded by Originator|
|Loan Submitted to Lender||Documents Uploaded for Submission Tasks|
|Initial Closing Disclosure Requested||Invoices|
|Initial Closing Disclosure Requested||Signed Broker Disclosures|
|Initial Closing Disclosure Requested||Documents Uploaded for Request ICD Tasks|
|Closing Documents Requested||Invoices|
|Closing Documents Requested||Signed Broker Disclosures|
|Closing Documents Requested||Documents Uploaded for Closing Docs Tasks|
|Condition Submitted||Documents Uploaded to Satisfy a Condition|
|Document Status Changed to 'Accepted' (Post-Submission)||Uploaded by Originator|
|Change Request Submitted||Supporting Documentation for Change Request|
|Appraisal Ordered||Appraisal Supporting Documentation|
When a document is successfully exported, an export icon will appear in the row for that item.
The DocVault also allows users to upload additional documents to attach to the borrower's loan record or to import documents from an existing loan.
1. Select Upload Documents
2. Choose File(s) from your computer
3. Select Upload File(s)
4. Review the document and Accept or Reject it
5. After the document has been uploaded, it will appear under the 'Originator Provided' heading in the DocVault. To change the status of an uploaded document, use the Status drop-down menu
Import Documents from an Existing Loan
You can also import documents from other existing loans to which you are assigned. Follow these steps to import a document from another loan.
1. Select Import from Loan
2. Enter the number for the loan that you want to import documents from and select Browse. You will only be able to access loans to which you are assigned. If you enter a loan number for a loan to which you do not have access, an error message will appear.
3. Select the checkboxes for the documents you want to import from the other loan's DocVault and select Import. You will then be prompted to review and Accept or Reject the document as described above.
Note: Upon import, all previously existing metadata for these documents, such as upload date/time, is erased.
To view a document stored in the DocVault, click on the name of the document
To download a document stored in the DocVault, select on the right to open the document menu, and select Download
This menu can also be used to delete a document, view its upload history, or view it in a separate window
The DocVault is a central repository of all documentation attached to a borrower's loan. This page allows users to review uploaded documents or upload additional documents, if necessary.